Thursday, June 9, 2011

I believe in the sand beneath my toes

Am I full of passion that leads to righteous anger? Or am I a loaded gun and looking for a fight?
Maybe somewhere in between. I believe there's right and there's wrong. And sometimes the wrong makes me so angry. The easiest way to make me angry in a hurry is to make a joke (or useless comment) in poor taste. Bring someone else down. Say something racist or assume a rude stereotype. Make a mockery of sexual intimacy. Insult the foundations on which someone else's beliefs rest.
And then I dare you to have the nerve to LAUGH at it, too.
(Actions speak louder than words? Okay, so what? Your words still matter. They matter a LOT.)
The words that escape your mouth come from the overflow of what is in your heart. I know I would normally do better to keep my mouth shut than allow the overflow of my heart to escape through my mouth, but isn't it worth it just to try only allowing the good to overflow?

Appropriate things to laugh at:
  1. making a funny face
  2. making fun of your own bad hair day
  3. dance moves that make no sense (think Kevin James in Hitch)
  4. the muffin jokes (so two muffins are in the oven...)


A Weak Attempt at Summing Up the Recent Happenings
The Good
  • I've arrived safely back in DE.
  • I had a spectacular weekend. Friday night: beautiful drinks with beautiful friends. Saturday: hiked a mountain in perfect weather. Sunday: great concert.
  • I learned how to open a bottle without a bottle opener.
  • I was blessed to see my boyfriend, hug my boyfriend, kiss my boyfriend, and tell him I love him.
  • I went to the beach in MA this morning and got just a tiny bit of sun.
  • I have plans for tomorrow and Friday. Good plans, real plans, with great people.
The Bad
  • I still have no job.
  • I spent more than 4 tanks of gasoline over the course of my extended weekend.
  • Still no news from the job in DC. (Is this good, bad, or ugly? IDK, it seems negative to me so far.)
The Ugly
  • I cut my finger trying to open a bottle with a house key.
  • My boyfriend's knee is injured (that is why he is not currently hiking).
  • My life appears to be recklessly taking sharp, jagged turns at rapid speeds. What is ahead around these curves I can never foresee.
  • Blister on right foot from running sneaker is not yet completely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment