Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hike a Mountain. CHECK.

Yesterday I hiked Chocorua with one of my saving graces and her dad and sister. I believe it was about 4.3 miles from the parking lot to the top. And we made it all the way to the top to be ambushed by our own fears of height and massive mutant bees. We rewarded ourselves with one well deserved high-five. Then we headed back down.

Last night as the intense pain set in, I hoped the Lord would take me in my sleep, knowing full well that He wouldn't and that I would be close to okay in the morning. Here I am, the morning after telling you that I'm okay.

I also swam (read: sat) in lake Chocorua after our hike. It was almost as lovely as the view from the top of Chocorua as the cool water soothed my aching legs and the sun, starting to lower in the sky, warmed my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment