Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night...

My love, the man I'd like to spend forever with was hiking the Appalachian Trail while I was waiting for him. I missed him dearly. I was daily forgiving him for leaving me alone, leaving me in a way that made me feel abandoned. Communication was limited. I sent him texts that he never received. I wrote him letters and somehow, eventually, he received them. These messages and attempts at communication were to reassure him how dedicated I am to him and how much I love and miss him. One day I got a letter from him after a period of time without any communication. The message of the letter was that he was ending our relationship. He did not see it going any further. A letter. He wrote it down on a piece of paper, folded that piece of paper, and sent it to me in the mail.

It was a dream. An awful dream. I woke up sweating and crying. Thank goodness that was just a dream!

Unfortunately, he's still gone. Today, my boyfriend started the 6 month, 1 week long journey known as through-hiking the Appalachian Trail. I don't know the next time I will hear from him. THAT SUCKS. It could be tomorrow, it could be in ten days, or it could be in three weeks. What's a girl to do? Where will I be in three weeks? I have three guesses: New Hampshire, Washington DC, or my current location at my parents' house. Today, I was interviewed by phone for a job in DC. Friday, I will interview for a job in New Hampshire. I'd love to tell my boyfriend how my interview went today, but I can't. I'd love to hear my boyfriend tell me that he's sure I did well and I'll do well on Friday, too, but I can't. I'd love to take time with him to relax and get an ice cream or a few drinks, but I CAN'T. He's gone and not to be reached by phone or email. He believes this is his once-in-a-lifetime dream opportunity, he'll surely have stories to tell, but don't worry I will too. This is where my blog comes in...

I have created a list of items to complete while my boyfriend is busy finding himself in the woods. I am not ready to disclose this list, but I am excited for any suggested additions to this list. For the most part, I'm looking for inexpensive activities that show accomplishment, may be out of the ordinary, or will lead to a good story. Every time I complete an activity, I will describe it here on my blog (hopefully pictures to accompany the stories) as promised to at least a few of my saving graces. Scattered in between those entries, expect reflections on my activity, my boyfriend's activity, and our relationship (o joy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment