Monday, September 19, 2011

Get a Job. CHECK

I work at Milburn Orchards. The sweetest fall place I never had to imagine because I've been visiting this location ever since I was too young to spit the cherry pits any farther than my chin. Best known for their apples, apple cider, apple cider donuts, Milburn Orchards is the apple headquarters of my life. Caramel covered. Apple dumplings. Apple pie. Crisp mix. Apple butter. Etc. Yummy yummy yummy. Ya'll know how I feel about EVERYTHING apple.

Current favorite apple: Honey Crisp.

Aside from all glorious things apple, I enjoy the companionship of several coworkers, none of whom are in the same life phase as I am. Thank goodness.
 I've been designated by a few as a "floater" what they mean by that is the following: I am capable of doing a greater variety of tasks than most because I have been trained as such. I control inventory in the back room. I help customers with merchandise questions. I run the register. I sweep floors and mop them. Am I too cool for that? Absolutely not. Two shifts this week will be in one position. The other three will be in another position. Oh yeah, I get 33 hours this week. WIN!

Do I really enjoy my job so far? YES
Do they pay me what I'm worth? Who cares? They haven't actually paid me any money yet ;) but my worth isn't bought with cash anyway.

...Off to work!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for apples. I'm so happy you like your job. Thanks for the apple cider donuts before I left. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete